Monday 28 September 2009

Swishing?

So recently I been hearing all about these "swishing parties" and I wondered what all the fuss was about!

Glamour says:

"Can't be bothered to ebay it? Then Swishing is the answer.

Each person brings along 5 unwanted items in good condition.
Then you have half an hour to browse before the official swap begins."

I think this is a fab idea, because someone's junk is another persons treasure. So I decided to see if there were any in Manchester and I found a really trendy one going on in the Northern Quarter. Although I didn't actually take any clothes with me I just had a look round to see how it all worked.

 We Will Frock You - Aug 09

The only rules were:

+Please keep the clothes that you bring over either high street or designer, no tat, anything dirty or with holes in.

+Please note, however many items you bring in, the maximum amount you can swap for is 10 garments.  

It was so good I definitely think this idea will catch on,  not only was the evening great the after party was amazing too. If you have never been to one, you absolutely should go!

If you want to find a swishing event near you, I found this great website:

http://www.swishing.org/events/

No comments:

Post a Comment