Tuesday 9 June 2009

Zen Garden -The Beauty in CSS Design?

I came across this website as part of my research when completing my web module and although the homepage is not the most aesthetically pleasing thing I've ever seen, it is when you begin to read through that you realise the potential the site has; to not only inspire but also to develop your own skills as a graphic designer.

The Zen Garden is all about different graphic designers developing the same page but with their own take on the basic style sheet. After looking through all the different designs I have picked 4 I found most interesting.









These are just 4 designs of many and I'd encourage you to go and have a look for yourself, because its amazing the difference between each one. Even from just the 4 that I have chosen; they are all very diverse and so far removed from the original page which, was designed by Dave Shea, a web designer from Vancouver, Canada.

The first image by Eric Roge from France : Retro Theatre, is so intriguing and different from the original page although maybe not as relevant as some of the other designs but as a page itself is quite interesting and original.

The original website idea is such a fun and useful way of developing your css skills and from finding this website I hope to find more like it and I would also like to try my hand at modifying the page, but we will have to see!

Have a look or go yourself: http://csszengarden.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment