Tuesday 9 June 2009

UNKLE - Burn My Shadow

I must admit that every time I watch this video my heart races a little.

I first heard this song at the gym and I don't know what made me take more interest the fact that the music can cause your heart to race and your breathing to go heavy or that there is a lot of pauses in the music to highlight the actions of the character in the video, which makes the song a bit confusing if you haven't see then video. (Try listening to the song without watching the video, it's a little strange)



A man wakes up after a rough night, to find out he has some kind of "bomb" or "countdown timer" implanted into to his chest. The counter starts at four minutes and very quickly the man (played by ER's Goran Visnjic) tries to make sense of the situation. According to write ups about the video he is trying to "make something" of his last few minutes of existence. I on the other hand believe he simply has given up, hence why he walks to overlook the city, nothing to do but wait.

Although when I watch this I am intrigued at the emphasis on the one character, would the end result have no effect on anyone else, surely that can't be true? The beginning shows some sort of reckless maybe some would say elfish lifestyle but someone must be affected?

No comments:

Post a Comment